I have no specific purpose to this blog today, just felt like blogging!
This past weekend was Easter and I had a lovely time! My inlaws came out for the weekend which was wonderful - I have been suffering from this sciatic pain on and off and this past week has definetly been one of being -on- so having Logan entertained by gma and gpa was awesome. Logan interestingly enough has an extreme attachment to his Grandpa Bly. Don't get me wrong, he loves his Grandma Bly also but if gpa walked out of the room without expressing where he was going or that he would 'be right back' Logan had a mini meltdown. (welcome to my world lol) Of course who doesn't love being loved by small children so i'm sure gpa was thrilled about it! He's one of the only men that Logan has really taken to to be honest - he loves his daddy but the issues we had when Logan was a baby with Michael and him are still present alot of the time. My mom pointed out the interesting fact that Michael is soooo much like his own mother and that it's interesting that Logan has a strong attachment to Gpa Bly and not Gma (who Michael is ridiculously similar to lol)..because as far as MY parents go my mom is the one that Logan is attached to. ...not that there's any logistics behind my last few statements but it's just an interesting thought process I think.
Easter was good though! We don't stress the 'easter bunny' concept, we just said things like 'its Easter!' and such as I find the Easter bunny cute but not at all linkable to the real purpose behind Easter (unlike Santa who can be linked to Christmas in such a way of giving, etc). We hid plastic eggs on Saturday morning filled with either money or some Reeses Pieces hard candy. He was reeeally fun to watch find and shake and open all 12 of his eggs - then he had to feed his piggy bank in between feeding himself lol.
Lastly, the weekend before Easter I was "asked" (meaning I was volunteered) to play a song in the Easter Fireside up at the church (makes me nervous even remembering it as I get stage fright). At first the plan was to just sing all the verses of a particular song, which to me seemed boring and out of place at a musical fireside, so I 'fancied' it up a little bit just to make it slightly more unique. The reason I don't get involved in certain things (like this) is that I have a tendancy to take things personally and then hold a grudge afterwards if it doesn't go the way I envisioned. Yes that's not necessarily the right attitude and I eventually just let it go (sometimes very quickly even) but it's just how I am - so it wasn't any different this time, small unimportant things like who was assigned to sing what, etc was changed by the girls singing and of course that being the case I was a wee bit ticked off. Otherwise! the fireside was beautiful but it was definetly a reminder as to why I don't participate in them all the time - at least in a 'leader' roll - sure i'll be a part of it just let someone else be the boss :) lol
No comments:
Post a Comment