1. Logan has been sleeping phenominally! I am so impressed. His sleep routine is one that has him in bed by 8pm (waking at approx 7:30am with the occasional night where he wakes up briefly in the middle somewhere), and he naps almost like clockwork from 12-2:00. This past few days I have allowed him to sleep longer as he has been suffering from congestion and he's still kept on schedule which has made me happy!
2. My anatomy class is an online class and I have 20 mini tests. I did the first two tests and scored 94% and an 82%. Its an open book style testing system but I did the tests first and then checked my answers and am confident I would have had a good score without the open book availability (a pass is 75%). I am really enjoying everything about the course so that's a bonus! My plan is to try and have at least 10 chapters read and test complete before baby arrives. I have 1 year to finish this course and 1 year to finish the Bowen specific anatomy course (which is a 3rd of the material in 'length') so i'm well on my way!
3. This pregnancy is so difficult on my\e emotionally in many different ways. I joke that it's got to be a girl because our 'hormones' aren't melding well ;) but I also am guessing it's a girl because there's not a thing the same about this pregnancy in the least then the last - either way (boy or girl) i'll be happy! But, the hardest part of this pregnancy is that I feel so -unattractive-. It does not help when people say 'oh you look just great' because I don't feel it and that's not something anyone can make better for me, it's just going to be this way until the baby is born and I can start working on my body again. It also doesn't help (in fact it irritates me beyond all belief) when people say 'you're pregnanct, you're supposed to gain weight' - so if any of my blog readers say that, off with your head! lol. But the unattractivness is different this pregnancy from last.. I had an exceptionally lucky pregnancy with Logan where I only gained 20 lbs and i'm almost there already and just BARELY past the the half way mark, so you can imagine the struggles that brings someone who has had a lifelong weight problem. sigh. Anyways, worldly things like new clothes give me short term (sometimes long term) happiness lol so in May I have a great coupon for Thyme Maternity and i'm going to get some stuff that actually fits at that point!
4. I think that's all but I thought i'd label this #4 anyways lol. Life is great otherwise! (I should mention in relation to point #3 it's not -all- the time, it just flares up occasionally - especially after moments of indulgence on food that I wouldn't usually eat. So at least 50%of the time it's a struggle.
5. We are going to the temple this coming Saturday. I had a long time struggle with the temple after we got married - I stayed clear of it for 2 years because long story (not appropriate for my blog or anyones ears or that matter but mine and michael's) I just didn't enjoy my first time through. This is a common feeling for alot of first-timers but I needed time to get over it. Now I am making an attempt after some humbling experiences and prayer to go more regularly and I have a new spirit about it :) I have a new found love for the blessings that the temple brings and am grateful to be allowed a part of it.
PS. Calgary temple should be done end of next year I hear! Woohoo! That's 20 mins away from us :D
I'm excited for the Calgary Temple to be ready because I've never been to a temple open house before. Sorry to hear that pregnancy has been a bit of an emotional struggle, I hope it gets better for you. Are you guys going to Magrath for Easter? Sounds like we'll be going down there after all and I'm hoping to bless Brettley there that weekend.
ReplyDeletewe won't be there.. my inlaws are actually coming -here- (its also charlie's bday on the friday). so that's too bad we'll miss you! I would have loved to have been to the blessing :)
ReplyDeleteI went to the edmonton temple open house and dedication...and i'm told when i was little we went to the cardston rededication lol.. but this one is so so close to home it'll be quite outstanding to go - i have lots of friends i want to take through
Crystal: if you're reading this the temple open houses are open to the public before the temple is 'dedicated' as we call it so people can have an opportunity to see what's inside. A dedication is a ceremony of sorts that sets the temple apart spiritually for the work that goes on in it (whch is why you have to be an endowed member of the church to enter). That being said maybe you guys would be interested in seeing the inside of it when the time comes :) i'll keep you posted!
Very interesting on the temple open house. It could be something that I'd like to see if the timing worked. I know you said it wasn't appropriate for anyone else's ears, but you could elaborate a little more for my sake, on why you struggled with temple? It makes like no sense for me at the moment because I don't understand temple LOL
ReplyDeleteRE: Pregnancy, on a heart-felt personal note.
Okay I won't say you are "suppose to gain weight" but I will tell you that its okay & actually good that your body changes during pregnancy. If you truly want more kids via pregnancy, then maybe that is something you could work on during like therapy or prayer?
I truly loved being pregnant and I hate to think of someone loathing the time or just plain old not loving it. As someone who struggles with weight, I somewhat get what you're saying, but it was the opposite for me in that I had a 'better' body when I was pregnant. I enjoyed the firm baby belly, and my weight shifted there and so my face was slimmer. I do think it's important for you to find the beauty in yourself in this situation because you could have many months, if not years of "pregnancy" time ahead of you in this life :-) Would it help to think of your body as a temple that you are lending to your children?