This past weekend we went camping to Lower Lake in Kananaskis (about an hour/hour and a half from home for us) with my inlaws. It was a total blast! We almost didn't get a campsite (despite sending my inlaws out ahead of us to snag one mid Friday afternoon) but Michael and I chose to drive down to the campground to 'see for ourselves' how full it was and when we got there we just happened to come across a site that was empty (for less than 10 minutes mind you!)...it was just crazy how everything worked out in the end, it was definetly meant to be!
Friday evening it was on and off sprinkling/raining so by the time we set up camp and had dinner it was almost 8:00pm. We made a fire and just hung around the campfire - put Logan to bed by like 9:30 and that was that!
Saturday was jam-packed full of fun, and we had FABULOUS weather! We started the morning with an hour-ish bike ride, played at the park, went for an hour-ish long hike, had a picnic lunch, then got Michael's boat stuff and went out boating on the lake for probably also an hour lol..we took turns as Logan was a major grump as he didn't have a good night's sleep (for some reason our heater in the trailer wasn't working and it was a COLD night!)...anyways, after boating it was like 4:00 so we went to the campsite to just hang out that area...eventually we made supper and then a fire and by 8:30 we had Logan in bed for the night - after he was down s'mores were enjoyed and we just talked around the fire until I think around 10:30/11 before calling it a night!
Sunday was clean up of course. Good times all around. The only 'downside' for me was the freezing cold night and the fact that my airmattress had an un-findable hole (that didn't deflate ALL the air, just half of the air in the mattress). You see, in the trailer for sleeping arrangments Michael and Logan slept together on the queen size wing and I slept on the double size wing. We did that because I can't sleep with Logan because i'm constantly having to (painfully) shift my body in the night time, and he sleeps best with someone while camping. The reason I put an airmattress on my wing is that the foam is too hard that's already there and I need somewhere for my hips to sink into (this pregnancy is a load of sucky in every possible aspect)...anyways, I had a cold and painful night the first night, then a slightly too hot and painful night the second! lol..otherwise I was surprised I didn't hurt more to be honest!
On another note:
-34 weeks this week. I am a month to my due date (per my personal countdown)
-I am taking on a babysitting job once a week for a few weeks (until I hit 37 weeks likely) for my friend Courtney.
-If ANYONE says how 'good I look' again I may just snap. I don't want to be told that because I feel less than good in fact and I just want to wallow in my self pity and I want my husband to tell me how good I look only and I want him to let me be pityful and be extra sympathetic... that's it, that's all and none of the above are happening!
-Saw pictures of myself and am feeling especially large - my arms and butt have taken on some definte weight and it's just all around depressing.
Otherwise Life is Grand and I look forward to next weekend!
I'll remember not to tell you that:) Sounds like it was a really fun weekend, I'm glad you enjoyed it, little hiccups aside.
ReplyDelete"Kyla you look terrible...you shouldn't let anyone take pictures of you." - See that's not fun either LOL There's no "right" thing to say when we get into moods eh?
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun camping. We MIGHT be doing some camping in August & I'm looking forward to that.
Lol crystal, I think i should have worded things differntly and said i'm sick of people telling me how 'tiny' i look! "good" I can handle, but if another person says how TINY I look i'm going to snap!
ReplyDelete-Kyla