Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Vacation

Michael and I LOVE to travel. I'm not sure what it is, but ever since Alaska, we just have the destination vacation bug. We've had the opportunity to do Alaska, San Diego, and then Los Angeles (d-land). We've been trying to figure out what we want to do next (our list is very long). Basically our next 'big' vaca will likely be a cruise in the Caribbean with the kids and one set of parents (mine or Michael's). We were debating the idea of taking it this next April (with our tax return monies), but decided that might be better spent on our backyard. So instead we're working on the plans of doing a smaller vacation to Victoria/Vancouver.

Why there? Well, firstly I have an absolutelyamazing and fabulous Aunt and Uncle (and their kids/my cousins) that live there, whom we have been wanting to visit for ages! And secondly, we have always missed out on Vancouver on our travels out that way.

Anyways, i've been working on an itinerary  (minus the dates as it really is all based on my aunt's schedule!)

I'm thinking we will fly in and spend 2-3 days with the Fabulous Fairwell's. From there we will take the fairy to the mainland (I think the kids would enjoy the boat trip), ditch our bags at a hotel and then start seeing the sites over 2-3 days. The things on my list include:
1. Vancouver Aquarium (1/2 day)
2. Stanley Park (full day)
   a) walk the seawall (8.8km loop along the ocean that loops around)
   b)Variety Kids Waterpark & Beach
3. The Capilano Suspection bridge & tree walk (1/2 day)
4. Whale Watching tour (if it is in season and time permits)
5. Visit the temple grounds of the Vancouver Temple

And there you have it! Our flights are covered via airmiles (minus taxes), so we should be able to have a really wonderful, affordable 5-7 day vacation! I'm BEYOND excited about it!

Our other plans for the summer will be regular weekend camping trips....So in the mean time, now that i've written out 'the plan', I can get my mind back into Halloween and Christmas for the rest of the year :)

8 comments:

  1. I can't resist telling you, that you'll probably be taking the ferry to the mainland, not the "fairy" - unless you know fun things I don't *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a lot for shаring this with all pеople you actually undeгstand what yоu're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my website =). We could have a hyperlink change agreement between us
    my web page :: loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool! Some verу valid рoints! I appreciаtе you penning thiѕ ρost and
    alsο the rest of the sitе іѕ
    аlso verу goоd.
    My page > 1 month loan

    ReplyDelete
  4. сertаinlу like youг web sіte but you nееd to takе a look at the spellіng on quite
    a few of yоur posts. Several of them are гife with spelling issues and Ι fіnd іt ѵery troublesome to tell thе realitу howеveг
    I'll definitely come back again.

    my weblog :: chlamydia test

    ReplyDelete
  5. Тhis piecе of writing іѕ in faсt a gοod one it helρs
    new web pеοple, who are ωіѕhing іn favor
    of blogging.

    Here is mу site :: one month loan

    ReplyDelete
  6. bookmаrked!!, I like your ωebsіte!


    mу web blog; payday loans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gooԁ day! I sіmply want to offег you a big thumbѕ up for the exсellent info you havе hеre οn thiѕ poѕt.
    I ωill be сoming back to youг web ѕite fоr more
    soоn.

    My wеblog ... Payday Loans

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your blog.. Exсellent coloгs & thеme.
    Did you cгeate this site yourself? Ρleasе reply
    bаck as І'm looking to create my very own website and want to know where you got this from or what the theme is named. Cheers!

    My web site - New Bingo Sites

    ReplyDelete