Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

First day of work

So yesterday was my first official day in clinic! I offered free sessions all day  and I was definetly booked all day. My clinic hours are Wednesdays 9-11, 4:30-8 and Saturdays 9-2. I had a few people who 'upgraded' their free session for a small fee to have a treatment beyond the standard BRMs that I was offering so I made a few bucks in the process.

I love love LOVED being in clinic! Holy smokes, it was just so fantastic doing Bowen there. The feel of the place is awesome, it's a great centre and the people are great too. It will take me a few weeks to really get the feel of the place of course but I just a wonderful first day.

Carter however didn't particularly care for my first day of work lol. I left him with my friend Courtney in the morning, and then du eto an unexpected late shift for Michael I had to drop them off at my neighbors in the evening (thankfully only an hour and Carter loves being there)...but when Michael picked him up he just started to cry cuz I think he realized hed been left again! lol. Thankfully it's not a regular thing for me to have to leave him. There is a child care facility right next door to the Centre and i'm going to go check out the prices because on Wednesday mornings when i'm regularly booked (hopefully that doesn't take too long) it would be very convenient to drop them off there.

Things I learned: I need a belt loop stopwatch for the 2 min pauses (I had to carry my phone around all day because it was the only stopwatch I had access to). I need work clothes! I have been out of the workworld for almost 4 years - all I own are casual clothes and church clothes! My colleagues are mostly in business-casual or scrubs so I don't need too fancy, but still - I can't wear a plain tshirt! I also need some flats...bonus: alot of the girls wear slippers :D.

Anyways, moral of story - love my new workplace and look forward to working with them for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment