So I won't name names as I don't want to embarass my friend, but Logan had a buddy over today and we had quite an interesting...experience! Just yesterday we had a different friend over and we were talking about how 'childproof' our homes are but specifically mentioned that we as parents -think- our homes are childproof until we have other children over and what's when you learn of things that you didn't even know was an issue because your own child just doesn't get into it, etc.
Anyways, I have a dresser in the basement of the house and it contains all of my craft supplies and misc things. So me and my friend were chatting upstairs and the kids had made their way downstairs - not much time later we noticed the time and went down to collect her kids so they could be on their way (as nap time was creeping up on us) and the kids had found my finger paint bottles...well, I am telling you all right now that finger paints and my ball pit don't mix lol. Anyways thankfully no harm done - Logan managed not to have an ounce of paint on him and I found him sitting in my room getting into things he shouldn't be in there lol so he was off the hook as far as the paint goes (though we will never know which kid put the bottle into the pit lol) - so the paint/mess was contained (thankfully) to the ball pit and a few splatters here and there but frankly, it's finger paint so no harm done - just some messy kids!
So it took me about an hour (as I had to get up and down alot due to my legs falling asleep sitting next to the tub lol) but I got all the balls washed and everything is back to normal! Frankly I'm not upset at all as truly there was no harm done to anyone and things happen. I feel bad more for my friend as she seemed pretty embarassed but all is forgiven and we -really- don't know the goings-on of how it all took place in the first place.
We survived our 'first big mess' :) Now we can check that off list and move on to something else hehe
Wow! I wish that was considered a big mess in our house. Ha ha, you've heard the stories about my kids and their obsession with organic brown paint...
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it was just finger paint:)
So true about thinking your house is child proof...though our's is pretty close to Fort Knox: latches on the oven, dishwasher, garbage can, and every cupboard & drawer on the lower level of the kitchen, baby gates at both stairways. We used to have a latch on the toilet but it got broken (though we could really use it again as Dexter is driving me crazy with the toilet).
ReplyDelete