Logan has been potty trained since Carter was born, not without many random accidents might I add! (he even has been night time trained with very very minimal accidents). He forgets he has to pee when playing at friends' houses, or he just forgets a little too late and dribbles beyond just a dribble. (he'll appreciate I blogged this one day)
Anyways, the 'next step' is that he is starting to pee as he words it "like a big boy" despite my best efforts to change. I taught him to sit and pee and he has now seen other friends (and dad) pee standing up so he has entered that world also - and if i'm near by or watching he will sit, but since i'm not always there he will stand....thus he dribbles and sprays all over the seat/toilet on more occasions than i'm happy with. This then leads to me hauling him to the toilet and pointing it out and stating 'you need to sit!'
I'm a firm believer boys can sit and pee- at least until they're old enough to have full control over where they aim! (and some will say even adults can't aim - well they should have been taught to sit then!)
:) that's my two cents of the day!
Next step...Carter. -_-
I agree. I am going to be teaching Caleb right away to be the one to clean the bathroom floor. I guarantee that I'm not the one making that mess. Man, I wish my boys would still sit to pee.
ReplyDeleteI think evey boy should sit to pee, it goes everywhere... always! Put away your pride men and sit!
ReplyDeleteDeakon sat until just a few months ago... and he KNOWS to clean up any spills or Mom (and Dad!) freak out.
ReplyDelete