Last night (Aug 19) I had what I call a false alarm. Before you read this know that I will be quite detailed about what I was experiencing :)
First I woke up and had to pee quite substantially, which is something that I've noticed isn't common this pregnancy - usually I feel like I have to pee really badly but then it's an unsatisfying 'trickle' - well I had a very satisfying pee lol, which made me think 'hmm'. This was about midnight (also the exact time my water broke with Logan).
About 20 mins later I needed to go again! This time when I stood up out of bed I felt a VERY distinct 'drop' of the baby, followed by a very LOUD crack... my right hip that has been giving me grief this entire pregnancy totally cracked and I paused in my tracks immediatly thinking "am I broken?" but then quickly realized that it actually felt amazing! I could walk without limping/waddling and there was absolutely no pain! Well I then went and got a second very satisfying pee (lol) and then realized my tummy felt upset.
At this point i'm thinking, gee, what's going on - im sure I wouldn't be the only women to be thinking "is this the moment? is baby coming?" but I still didn't have any concrete evidence... sure i'd pee'd and sure i'd felt movement and sure I didn't feel well but that's not always labor.
Anyways, I went and laid on the couch and a friend of mine had texted me about half hour earlier in reply to a text I had sent her, so I responded and she was awake! So I had someone to chat with while I waited to see what happened. I was waffling the whole time whether or not to call the midwives and whether or not the icky tummy feeling was something just unsettled or if the crampy feeling was contractions. In the meantime I noticed that my tummy had gone completely mushy - like I mentioned earlier, I had felt a distinct drop and the baby was a good 1-2 inches lower, thus leaving that squishy skin between my chest/ribs and the top of the uterus.
I made an attempt to 'time' the pain, but there was absolutely no consistency and sometimes it would feel like a braxton hicks, sometimes a cramp, and sometimes just gurgling... Anyways, I lay awake until about 2:00am and finally decided it wasn't anything to disturb Michael about or the Midwives as nothing was escalating and nothing was changing, so in my exhaustion I finally fell back to sleep.
So of course now i'm overly hopeful that the baby is realy getting ready and will be on his/her way maybe even tonight, but my hopes and wishes have been crushed each and every time this far so i'm trying to bring my head out of the clouds and continue on. I do hope it comes tonight though for an extra reason that they are calling for +30 degrees here tomorrow, then +25 and higher all next week - I'd like to have baby before the heat hits!
PS. My latest symptom the past 3-4 nights has been something called pregnancy induced carpal tunnel - which flares up at night time for me.. Last night I actually taught Michael the carpal tunnel Bowen move (in it's most simple form, it's best used when you do a full balance, but obviously Michael isn't a Bowen Therapist so I do what I can) and it did WONDERS. My hands didn't even hurt at all last night! In fact, they didn't start hurting until about 6:30am when Logan crawled onto the couch with me and fell asleep on my arm, causing stress on the carpal tunnel nerve(s).
Hope your little one decides to make an appearance soon. The drop sounds promising if it was that distinct:)
ReplyDeleteHow interesting (regarding the dropping)! Is that a common symptom?
ReplyDeleteAlso, are you doing anything to naturally "help" things along? Like climbing stairs, reflexology, primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea...
Your pregnancy now reminds me of my pregnancy with cadence!! It was the worst ever and I was so afraid to get pregnant the second time for that reason!! Plus I had false labor starting at 36 weeks and i didn't have her until 41 weeks.. Not to scare you or anything.. The drop sounds very promising though.. I hope your wee one comes very soon for you.. Hang in there!! :)
ReplyDelete