Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place where I will voice MY thoughts and MY ideas on life and life events. I faithfully write in a journal but sometimes I feel the need to publically display, so here it is!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Interesting fact

No baby yet. My friend Crystal however made a comment on the blog prior to this about how maybe my dates could be wrong - which got me thinking and reminded me that though I am 100% confident Logan was early, this baby was a different situation as I had only had 2 periods since my ectopic preg/surgery and frankly it's hard to say what my ovulation was like as I hadn't had -that- many periods prior to that as I had miscarried before the ectopic AND not terribly long before that just gotten periods after nursing. So yes it is a possibility that though I had 2 periods to track that the baby is not 'cooked' up to the 40 week point by Aug 28.

That being said I had a midwife appt today and this was the appt where they asked if i'd like my membranes swept, or however you call it, which if you're surprised or not, I said no to. Frankly it hurts me so badly 'down there' to go internal that I figured, why cuase all that extra emotional (and physical) turmoil when it's not a guarentee, and it only brings on labor if the baby is TRULY ready to come out! So they checked baby, everything feels and sounds right, etc. I did mention the 'could my dates be wrong' and well they looked back at my file and per my -period- dates, Aug 28th is my due date. Per my early dating u/s my due date could argubly be Sept 1 (tomorrow). So.. this week is my due week, but depending how you want to argue it determines what my due date could/should be. Confusing right? It's too bad babies come when 'they're ready' because all in all the above doesn't matter lol.

Still in the end I have been impatient, irritable and ready for this baby to be out for weeks! Lets see what the next few days bring!

2 comments:

  1. Normally I would trust the period or instinct over the ultrasound (just because of my experiences because with the last 2 I know exactly when I got pregnant and the ultrasounds were off, way off with Ty), but with things being kind of irregular when you got pregnant, it does make a lot of sense that the date you were going with maybe wasn't quite right. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always considered it a due "month" with an expectation that baby could be two weeks early to two weeks late. Though I think your expectations were a little different with Logan being early (which is only logical). Realistically, baby Carter was just a few days late which can be forgiven I'm sure :-) Cant wait to see pics, meet him & read the birth story. Its so crazy that you have another baby now! Even with 9 months to prepare, I still find it shocking ha ha

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete